Know How to Care for Your Devices
Your hearing technology can be easily damaged by heat and moisture. Taking care of your devices will help protect your technology investment.
We suggest the following:
- Open the battery door at night to allow fresh, dry air to circulate.
- If you perspire heavily, occasionally remove your hearing aids and wipe off excess moisture.
- Consider using a moisture guard if you wear your hearing instrument behind your ear.
- Never leave your hearing instrument in direct sunlight.
- Do not store your hearing instrument in an environment where heat can build up, such as a glove box or dashboard.
- Consider purchasing a dehumidifier. These products can be inexpensive ($20), are certainly easy to use, and are known to extend battery life.
If your hearing instrument quits working despite your having followed the above guidelines, bring the device to the Fagan Center for Audiology for a clean and check!