Hearing Aid Dispenser
Fagan Center for Audiology is dedicated to improving the quality of our patient’s lives through an improved ability to hear and communicate with others. Our elite practice, located in beautiful Portland, Maine, is the premier hearing health care service in the area. We offer a comprehensive approach to the science of hearing, from state-of-the-art diagnostic testing services and digital technology, to tinnitus treatment, assistive technology and rehabilitative therapy.
We are seeking a Hearing Aid Dispenser to fill the role of Hearing Care Provider for our office, who will be responsible for hearing aid dispensing (i.e., testing, fitting, and selection) and hearing rehabilitation service to all populations. The Hearing Care Provider counsels patients regarding test results and provides recommendations that best meet their hearing care needs. The Hearing Care Provider also reviews pricing and sale of hearing aids as a part of the patient education process.
- Hearing Instrument Specialist. Must have current Maine state licensure for hearing aid dispensing.
- Prefer a minimum 2 years dispensing experience but willing to train and coach the right newly licensed person as well.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that allow effective working relationships with a diverse customer, colleague, and vendor population. This includes listening, sales, and problem-solving skills.
- Hearing testing, fitting, and selection, plus knowledge of hearing aid software, computers and testing equipment experience.
- Strong keyboard and computer skills.
- Ability to organize time and prioritize numerous duties within strict deadlines.
- Ability to deal with numerous interruptions.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to interact professionally at all times with patients, physicians, and team members.
- Experience interacting with customers in a caring and respectful manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superb attention to detail.
Compensation includes competitive base salary, plus incentive program. Employee benefits package includes medical, dental and vision insurance and paid time off and company holidays.
Additionally, there is potential for equity in the practice after a minimum of one year of service.
8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.